Monday, May 19, 2014

Letter with photos! -- May 19, 2014

FAMILIA!  Heyyo.  Gosh, it feels like just yesterday I was writing you!  Time is really starting to fly by. 

NOSSA one year ago I went through the temple!  I am SO eternally grateful for the temple.  I love feeling Heavenly Father's love for each of His children.  I love the simplicity of the Gospel.  I love the peace and perspective that comes from the House of the Lord.  I'm so glad that I got to share that special day with so many of you!

Things are going well here in Almirante Tamandaré!  We have been working hard to get references, and find new people to teach.  We had two miracle baptisms this week!  The two granddaughters of A_____ (the man we baptized last week) entered into a covenant with Heavenly Father this Sunday!  It was so beautiful.  The came for the baptism of their Grandfather last Sunday, and ADORED it, and wanted to learn more.  We went over there almost every day this week, and taught them everything, and they ate it up. They both are devouring the Book of Mormon on their own, and both comprehend the Gospel amazingly well.  They were so excited to accept baptism, and start a mighty change in their lives.  Woohoo!!!  Minha nossa... it is THE BEST thing, teaching the elect of the Lord.  These sweet sisters cried and cried during the lessons, as the Spirit testified of what we were teaching.  They are so great, and I know the Gospel will bless them, and become and anchor for them in this unstable world.

This past week, a Seventy came to our  mission to visit with us/counsel us.  It was a marvelous experience.  It is always so neat to receive a lesson from someone who knows the Gospel, you know?  It was like our very own little General Conference, but in Portuguese, of course!  It was great.  THE GOSPEL IS TRUE!

Things are looking up, the the temperature is going down, and the days keep going.  FAMILY.  IN ONE YEAR I WILL BE BACK AT HOME.  What?!?  So many mixed feelings!  

I wish I could send pictures to you all!  Goodness gracious I have about 20 to send off, but this cheapo Brazilian card reader that I bought doesn't work....  I was going to send pictures of the baptisms, and some of our area.  SO. MANY. HILLS.  I'm getting calves of steel, though!

I LOVE YOU!  I know this Gospel is true.  The more I study the scriptures, and try to teach people, the more I know it is true.  It is simple.  It is wonderful.  It is perfect!

Have a MARVELOUS week, and know that I'm thinking of you!

Love, 
Jason

(He was able to borrow a card reader from someone, so here are the pictures he sent!)






No comments:

Post a Comment