Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014

Dearest family, 

WHAT A WEEK!

K____ and E_____ got baptized!!!!  WOOOOOOOOOOOOO it has been a wonderful, crazy, fun, trying few months with them, but they really endured through trials up until the day of their baptism, and they MADE IT! 

Transfers came! (or are coming tomorrow... haha) AND..... I'm staying for another here in Tamandaré!  But my companion, Elder Gilguero, will be leaving.  I won't know until tomorrow if I'll be training or be receiving someone with more experience, but change is always good.  Change is always an opportunity for growth and development.  It will all work out!

I've been reading a lot lately in the Book of Mormon, and one of the themes that keeps sticking out to me is the simplicity of the Gospel and keeping the commandments.  I think King Benjamin sums it up perfectly when he said in Mosiah 2:22

"And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you."

I have such a testimony of this principle.  ALL we have to do in our few years here on earth is keep the commandments - those guidelines left for us that guarantee our happiness.  And if we do, we will, without a doubt, have everlasting happiness.  Think about it!  All we have to do is endure for this tiny speck of time, and if we do, every weakness, doubt, insecurity, and confusion will be made right.

I love this gospel. I KNOW that it is true.  It blesses families, and individuals, and gives us the hope and keys we need to have true and lasting happiness not only here on Earth, but in the eternities.

I love you all SO much! Thanks for the prayers and letters. :)

Love, 
Jason

PS - Sorry for the lack of pictures! I have some fun ones to send, but the computers here are soooooo flaky! Next week you can count on some good ones

No comments:

Post a Comment