Monday, December 23, 2013

It's Christmas! (Almost...) -- December 23, 2013

HEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOO!  MERRY CHRISTMAS!  I love you!  I miss you!  I CAN'T WAIT TO TALK TO YOU IN 3 DAYS!
 
This week has been PACKED!  So that's good!  We worked very closely with the McClellans (our senior couple missionaries here in Angola) and were able to get A LOT done this week!  Sister McClellan made some hecka good goodies to take around to less-actives in the ward, and we found a beautiful Christmas video on lds.org that really brings the Spirit in when shown.  We had some wonderful and heart-warming visits, and...... remember how last week at church we had 37 people?  THIS WEEK WE HAD 72!!!  That has NEVER happened here in Angola, so that was a miracle from Heavenly Father!  It was SO nice being able to see the tender mercies of Heavenly Father combined with our efforts pay off.  It was so cool!  We took breakfast to a part-member/less-active family Sunday morning to get them out of bed and ready for church, and they came!  And stayed the whole block! #miracle
 
We had a really, really great lesson with our newest investigator, C____.  She's in her 60's, and her husband just died of a combination of brain/lung cancer.  SHE. IS. GOLDEN.  Holy cow... we've been stopping by for a few months, but can never come in since she lives alone now, but now that the Senior couple is here, she wanted us all to come and share with her.  It was so neat!  The spirit was SO strong.  There were tears and testimonies, and I truly believe that if we stick with her, she will come into the waters of baptism, and have the goal to be sealed eternally to her husband.  She is so open, humble, and willing, and agreed to read from the Book of Mormon, pray to know, and to meet again.  We are SO thankful for the blessing of being able to teach her!
 
Funny story - Elder Phillips and I were filling up the font for a member baptism one morning this week, and as we were unlocking the door to the church, out of NOWHERE a HUUUUGGGGE squirrel jumped down right in front of us and just stood there for a few seconds guarding the door I guess before it scurried away.  Scared me stiff!  Haha but it made us both laugh really really hard.
 
We are SO excited for Christmas! Woop woop!  It was so special visiting tons of less-actives, and also members and investigators with this special video: http://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/glad-tidings-of-great-joy-the-birth-of-jesus-christ?lang=eng You can't help but to feel a special spirit as you watch the glory of the Savior unfold, and listen to the First Presidency talk about our beloved Christ.  I love this season!  I love my Savior!  I love being able to share my testimony and feelings about the Atonement with others, in effort to help them feel the love of Christ, and the love of our Father in Heaven.  I KNOW that they both love us dearly.  I know that it is through our Master Jesus Christ that we can overcome all and become perfected.  I know that there is true enabling power in the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 
 
Philippians 4:13 reads: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."  I KNOW this to be true. I testify that as we wholly rely on our Savior to overcome ourselves, we will come to know that ALL things are possible.  I hope we can remember our Savior and His gifts of grace, love, and eternal life this Christmas.
 
I love you SO much! I wish each of you a very merry Christmas.
 
Love, Elder Jason Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment