Monday, January 13, 2014

HOLY COW. Transfers. Training. Leading -- Jan 13, 2014

I LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEE MY FAMILY!  So much! Holy moly... I've been thinking about you ALL WEEK!  This past week was a whirlwind of emotion! 
 
At the beginning of the week, it got down to negative 45 degrees, so we were BANNED from going out!  So... We got "snowed in" with the McClellans which was wonderful! :)  We spent 61 hours together non-stop, because if we were to leave, the county would ticket you $100 and impound your car!  Yikes!  So for a few days, we just had some great studies/talks with the McClellans, and watched some REAL cheesy church videos (Saturday Warriors; The Phone Call; etc.)  It was great!
 
THEN ON WEDNESDAY WE GOT TRANSFER CALLS...... Elder Phillips is now gone, and President Porter called me and said that I've been called to follow-up train a new missionary who "wasn't trained right" and the be the new district leader. WHAT?  This past week has been such an intense flurry of emotions.  I feel SO inadequate and scared and nervous and anxious.   So pleeeease pray for me that I'll be able to train effectively and be a good leader.
 
Despite transfers, we were able to have some great lessons with a few of our investigators!  K____, who is part of a Less-active/part-member family, is now on date to be baptized on February 15th! :) :) :) :) we are SO PUMPED!  He lives with his girlfriend, who is a member, and they have a 3-year-old daughter.  He has been so willing to act on his faith, and has committed to live the Word of Wisdom, and to get married!  K____ and K______ (girlfriend) will be married hopefully by the end of the month.  Tender mercy!  Haha I gave him Pero to help him quit coffee, and we were able to give him a Priesthood blessing to help him overcome his addiction to cigarettes.  It was so wonderful!
 
D____, the 16 year old we've been working with, is unsure about baptism.  He doesn't have a super solid Christian background, so we're working on that to build his faith and testimony so that he can choose for himself to be baptized.
 
We have a few good potential activities and people coming out of the framework, and Heavenly Father has truly carried me each day this week!  It has been so hard but as I've relied more on Him, His miracles, and His grace, I've been supported and have been able to make it through each challenge.

 When we were looking for a good Mormon Message to share with members when we visit them, I came across this video:
 
 
Watch it!  It made me cry.  It was JUST what I needed.  I think we ALL go through little times of trial, disappointment, fear, anxiety, etc. but if we turn to Heavenly Father in faith, it WILL sustain us and carry us through.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ gives us the perspective we need to overcome any obstacle thrown in our path.  If we can but endure this small moment, we will be exalted on high!  I can't wait for the day when we can all look back on our times of challenge, or despair, or disappointment, and say, "Thank you, Heavenly Father, for letting me have that growing experience, and for getting me through it."  One day, ALL of our troubles or worries will disappear,and we will be able to look back on our lives with total happiness and contentment.  I LOVE THE HOPE OF THE GOSPEL!
 
I love you all so very, very much.  Thank you for your prayers, support, and love. I can feel it!
 
Love forever,
Elder Jason Allred
 
PS - Sorry for no pictures!  Go to http://ohiomcmission.blogspot.com/ for a few pictures the McClellans took of our happenings this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment