Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014

Hello my wonderful family!  I hope you all had a marvelous week, and that things are going well.  Thanks again for all the birthday wishes! 

Things really are starting to fly by!  They say a mission is  an uphill climb until your year mark, and after, it goes by very quickly.  I can't believe a year ago I was boarding the plane to get dropped off at the MTC. 


This past week, we had a sudden mission conference.  I thought it was to 'burn' us, but it was really a wonderful time with our president.  We were counseled to remember how truly precious our time here on Earth, and our time on a mission are.  He told us how many missionaries think, "Woo-hoo!  One year down, only one more to go!" (Guilty!!), but maybe we won't have another year here.  We have no idea  what tomorrow holds.  I could discover I have cancer, or break my leg and have to get sent home.  Would I then be able to look back and feel content that I truly had done all that could have with the time the Lord gave me here?  I don't think so!  Oftentimes we think... "I have plenty of time to _____", but in reality, we have only today to "....write our names in heaven".  EVERYTHING could change at the drop of a hat, so we need to focus on today, doing everything in our power to make it matter.

I am so thankful for the time Heavenly Father has given us here on Earth.  Our time is precious, full of challenges and trials and tests, but when we rely on the Savior, and our Father in Heaven, all  things are possible.  This week in my studies, I came across this scripture in the New Testament:

Romans 8:31

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?"


I love it!  We know that God is for us.  We know that we cannot fail with Him on our side.  I truly know that all things are possible. I know that God loves us, and I know that He really is rooting for us and helping us every step of the way!!  I hope we take advantage of our time here on earth, and seize "today"!


Love forever, 
Jason


No comments:

Post a Comment