Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15, 2014

Hey Family! I hope you all had a super week.  From the emails I read from you guys, it seems like everyone is staying quite busy and enjoying life!

This week flew right by!  We have been staying busy as usual, trying to contact and maintain progress/friendship with the recent converts in our ward.  It is fun!  The recent converts are always the coolest people, and everyone ALWAYS gives us a ton of food whenever we stop by, so we're staying full and happy.  I'm preeeeeetty sure I might be gaining weight... haha  Good think we walk like 20 miles a day to keep things in check!

We had a miracle baptism this week!  My "favorite" family had some relatives move in with them who were super curious about the church and wanted to learn more.  These past few weeks we've been going over there almost every day to teach them, and yesterday, R____ was baptized!  I LOVE THIS FAMILY.  They have been passing through some really hard times (deaths, lost their home, etc.) but they are staying SO hopeful and firm in the church. It has been such a marvelous experience seeing the change that has taken place in their lives.  Just 4 months ago, they almost didnt want to have us over.  Now, when we're over there, they're humming hymns and sharing with US what they learned from their personal scripture study.  Nothing beats the feeling of seeing the people that you prayed for, worked with, and cried with truly progress in the gospel, and therefore, progress in life.  It is FANTASTIC!  Also, 2 of our recent converts will be receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood this Sunday!  Wooooo #GrowthInTheChurch

For now, it seems that our miracles might be a little more rare, but we'll keep working and praying for them.  

Haha some drunk guy took us up to a cliff and opened up his heart to us through tears and shrieks... it was a little frightening, but a little funny too.  Drunk doesn't look good on anyone!  We gave him card and assured him that God loves him.  It must break Heavenly Father's heart to see his children that way.

Sure love you people!  I know that this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I love that no matter how far "gone" we are, there is always a way back through Jesus Christ.

Love forever,
Jason

Photos!
- kittens on my head! I hope I don't get diseases...


- My two moms here in TamandarĂ© (Relief Society presidency.  They LOVE the Elders!)


- Baptism of R_____


- Playing in the ruins of Tamandaré


-  Some pretty shots I took of our area



No comments:

Post a Comment