Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 23, 2014

Just a quick update this week! Sorry!

Things are going well, as usual :)  Things could always be going a little bit better, but they certainly could be going a lot worse.  Elder Boyd and I are still working with this "Retention" program that seems to be going well.  It's a little strange - almost ALL of the recent converts from the past 6 months are completely active, but its the families that have been in the church for 20+ years that are falling slowly away... not sure why that is.  It always makes me sad to see people who have been touched by the Gospel choose to reject it, because it truly shows in their lives what they're missing, and the blessings that they are choosing to give up.

This past week, we were committing a LOT of people to come to stake conference, and whenever we commit people to do something, we always promise blessings, or incentivize their commitment.  This week, I found some super cool scriptures in Doctrine & Covenants that explain perfectly our purpose here on Earth, and what blessings await us in the life to come:

D&C 11:20 Behold, this is your work, to keep my commandments, yea, with all your might, mind and strength.

59: 23 But learn that he who doeth the works of righteousness shall receive his reward, even peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come.

I love the scriptures SO much, because they are full of blessings.  I like blessings.  A lot!  Haha life is so much easier when we just give up our selfish will, and keep the commandments that God has given us so that we can be happy.  I know that our "work" here on Earth is just that - to learn and keep the commandments of God so that we can be blessed with peacehappiness, and eternal life.  All we have to do, is DO IT!

Obedience = Blessings 100% of the time.  I like that!

I love you!  I can't believe in just 8 months I'll already be back... time is a crazy thing.  I know that this Gospel is true.  I know that God's promises are sure.  His promises are the best "insurance" we could have in this life, and the life to come.

Until next week!

Love, Jason


No comments:

Post a Comment