Monday, January 19, 2015

January 19, 2015

Another week flew right by!  Wow.. before we know it it will be FEBUARY already!  Crazy!

This week was a toughie, but it was good.  Still no luck with L____ - E____'s daughter... We taught her and invited her to be baptized, but she thinks it's still too soon.  Poor thing, she came here to Curitiba from São Paulo to escape an abusive husband.  She's looking for a job, and is having to re-adjust to so many things!  I'm sure she'll accept the Lord's invitation in the near future.  We just have to help her with her current situation first.
This week I had a cool moment.  When I was set apart as a missionary, I remember specifically a part of the blessing that said I would "be blessed with the courage to approach and talk to those whom I would normally pass by"... that part of my blessing has stuck with me, and this week, I had that experience!  We were knocking doors one hot, sunny, afternoon, and there was a shirtless older man who looked a little crazy and annoyed with us sitting under the shade in front of his house.  I started to pass by him to knock a different house when the spirit told me to go back and talk to him.  I did!  His name is I_____ and I'm pretty sure he might be an elect of the Lord.  We brought him to church this week, and he loved it.  We'll be going back tonight to teach and invite him to be baptized.  I'm not sure where it will go - maybe just another seed planted - but it was a little experience that strengthened my testimony of the Spirit.  

I love the Gospel!  It is TRUE.

"Pray always, that you may come off conqueror; yea, that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work." D&C 10:5

Love this scripture!  I know there is true power to overcome all things, in prayer.

Love forever,
Jason

Photos!
- The money here in Brazil is colorful

- Let freedom (and the Gospel) ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment