Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2, 2015

TRANSFERRED!  

Oh me oh my... what a CRAZY week!!!  It was a reeeeal whirlwind, and man... I'm pooped!

I was transferred to "Tarumã" - a suburb of Curitiba.  It's a nice area... a richish area... yikes!  Haha it is part of "Bairro Alto" which means "Tall town".  It is verrrrry hilly (which is good to get in better shape, right? :))  My new companion is Elder Cruz dos Santos - a new Brazilian!  He has 12 weeks on the mission, and is a funny little guy.  I HAD  a picture, but I left the card reader at home, so you'll have to wait until next week to see him and our area.

Holy moly... this area will be a trial, but it will all work out.  Our chapel is being reformed, so we have to take the bus to get to church (and to get people to church).  The Elder whose spot I took left no notes, no investigators... nothing to work with (and left the house a huge mess!)  We're basically starting from zero.  Which is good!  Change is always good.  Because we literally have nothing to work with here, we'll really have to rely on the Lord to help us, and show us where there are people who are waiting to be taught.

I have never knocked so many doors or made so many contacts in my life!  Our plan is to work work work work and pray pray pray pray and do our very best.  SOMEthing will go right, and Heavenly Father will bless us.

It was a tough week, but a good learning experience.  Pleeeease say a little prayer that this week will show a bit more promise.  I'm trying really hard to give my new companion good learning experiences here on the mission (teaching people, baptizing, etc.) but man oh man... we're needing some help!

This week being thrown into a tough situation, I've been praying much harder and studying more sincerely.  It has been a good learning experience for me to realize that Heavenly Father hears and answers all prayers, but in HIS time.  I think here in this area I'll learn a bit more patience. ;)  IT'S ALL GONNA WORK OUT!

Love forever, 
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment