Monday, October 21, 2013

A crash, a class, and Conference! (October 7, 2013)

What a marvelous week!  Wow.  Conference is always JUST WHAT I NEED!  This week was BUSY but great! Here are some of the highlights:

On Tuesday, the Centerville missionaries were invited to Centerville High School to teach a "Comparative Religions" class. They were learning about Latter-day Saints, so they asked if some representatives would come talk to their class.  WE WERE SO PUMPED! We went and showed a video that shot down "myths about Mormons" and answered their questions they had about our faith.  Centerville has SO many different churches, and you could tell with some of the questions the kids were asking that their preachers tell them awful things about our faith...  ANYWAYS we taught them about the Restoration and what makes Mormons "different".  It was such a great experience, and they took many copies of the Book of Mormon, Restoration DVDs, and other materials.  Sweet!  We went back on Thursday to teach another class, too.

A few days ago, I wiped out on my bike!  My handlebars knocked into a trashcan and sent me spinning off my bike!  It was right along Main Street, where the sidewalk we were riding on was very narrow and almost touching the busy road.  I really feel like someone stopped me from going into the road!  Doing the physics in my head after the crash, I should have ended up there, but somehow did not.  What a blessing!  I did, however, tear up some slacks and get a bloody knee (see picture).  It's all good now, though!
 








CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING!  It was such a needed and special boost.  One of my favorite talks was Elder Uchtdorf in the Saturday session.  He counseled to:

"Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith."

Wow.  There were so many speakers and talks that I felt were specifically for ME.  LOTS of talks on endurance and patience.... Haha I think Heavenly Father is gently reminding me that I need to be more patient in my waiting, and more submissive to His will.  Something that I've learned these past few months is that Heavenly Father will ALWAYS answer our prayers.  Not always in the way we want or expect, but always in the way that is best for us.

In other news, we have a progressing investigator!  Bill has been reading the Book of Mormon, and we extended baptism to him, and he said "yes"!  I'll keep you posted to his progress and the others we are working with.

I love this Gospel!  True joy, peace, and direction come only through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer.  Isn't it the coolest that we have a living prophet to guide us?  I know that as we APPLY the counsel we received at conference, we will be blessed, directed, and happy!

Love,
Elder Jason Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment